HAMMER will have impact with speed and at scale with the best people and partners, with a proven track record. HAMMER has four pillars that will translate scientific research and development into positive societal change:
- Our core group has deep experience over the wide range of disciplines needed to change the face of manufacturing.
- The team has access to some of the nation’s best facilities for manufacturing research.
- The team has a history of collaboration both among each other, for example authoring the TMS Metamorphic Manufacturing report, and with industry and societies.
Education and Workforce Development
- Our team holds leadership roles of major education programs related to K-12, workforce and university-based future leaders.
- We are scaling PET-FABS for manufacturing and hands-on STEM education.
- We are committed to reaching the widest possible audiences through collaboration with other educational institutions, industry, societies and makerspaces.
- A large and diverse group from technology societies to economic development groups, to incubators, to companies have committed to joining HAMMER.
- Broad reach is encouraged using a low-cost membership model offering easy engagement.
- Industry impact is governed by IP-bearing technical leadership membership.
- Community interaction including hands on work will take place through a network of at the Manufacturing Innovation and Learning Labs (MILLs).
Diversity and Culture of Inclusion
The Culture of Inclusion begins with our Leadership Inclusivity Statement: We are committed to a culture of inclusion and all members reject all forms of discrimination, prejudice, racism, sexism, and racial or ethnic injustice.
Code of Conduct: We declare our commitment to advancing, increasing, and cultivating a diverse and inclusive culture. Every member must sign and reaffirm each year their commitment to the HAMMER inclusivity statement and the code of conduct.
- All HAMMER personnel are committed to including underrepresented groups and developing programs to do this at scale.
- North Carolina A&T is the largest educator of African American engineers and will initiate a Hybrid Autonomous Manufacturing Ph.D. program.
- AFRL minority leaders, GEM consortium and other programs will be part of the HAMMER network.